Search Engine Marketing (SEM) In 2012

The world of SEO and SEM is changing. Companies used to be able to rely on Pay Per Click (PPC) for their search engine marketing efforts.

In 2012, we find a marketplace with increased Cost Per Click (CPC) for AdWords traffic, as well as a decline in total Click Through Rate (CTR) across a number of search engine advertising platforms. It is estimated that only 15% of all search engine traffic is sent through PPC ads, where as the remaining 85% of clicks come from SEO, or organic / un-paid search engine traffic.

State of SEO / SEM in 2012

While advertisers are scrambling for new opportunities for web traffic from upstart social networks (Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr), there still proves to be a whole world of customers still searching the web.

The truth is, less consumers are searching from their home computers in 2012. The screen time, and attention span has shifted to the smaller screens of mobile devices like smartphones, tablets, and netbooks. In a fast paced, ever changing marketing environment, it is important to stay on top of the trends.

What are you doing in 2012 to leverage new marketing channels?

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s