Three Pay Per Click Marketing Tips

December 11, 2010

Pay Per Click marketing is a great way to get traffic to your site, and lots of it.

But you have to be careful.

If you’re not strategic with your campaigns, you will end up spending a pretty penny before you see any revenues.

Here are three best practices to help your campaign success.

Keep your ad groups small. By keeping a narrow focus with each ad, you can make your offer more relevant to each search.

This has all kinds of benefits. It will keep your click through rate healthy, improve your quality score, and help you optimize your landing pages.

Do keyword research. Lots of it. Each keyword you bid on is essentially it’s own unique market.

By keeping a close eye on emerging search terms, you can get into high volume markets before your competition does.

Include the exact search term on your landing page. You can do this automatically with a script, or you can hardcode it into your site.

This helps conversion, and increases relevance, and makes your visitor feel warm and fuzzy.

And who doesn’t want to feel warm and fuzzy?


URL Shortening…For Charity?

May 19, 2009

I came across an intriguing business yesterday. Good.ly. The idea combines URL shortening, affiliate marketing, and charity all into one neat little package.

Here’s an excerpt from Mashable.com explaining it in detail.

“Whenever you want to create a link to a product or service online (say, to an item on Amazon) you can create the URL on Good.ly and 55% of any referral fees go to a charity you select on the site’s homepage. The remaining 45% goes back into running the service, the company explains. It would of course be ideal if 100% of the income could go to charity, but it’s certainly a step in the right direction.

The service is a natural spin-off of SkimLinks, which creates a plugin for publishers to turn their links into affiliate links automatically.”

Read the whole article at Mashable.


Affiliate Marketing Rocks!

May 13, 2009

It’s true. Affiliate Marketing is one of today’s most under rated forms of marketing.

Where else can you promote any product/business you believe in, and actually make some money doing it? Not to mention it’s a low risk, cost effective way to advertise your product(s).

If you’re new to Affiliate Marketing, or just want to learn more, check out Affiliate Tip. Our friend Shawn Collins has hoards of great information available that won’t cost you a dime.